a note about underwriting.....
The Southeastern Channel is a non-profit television station. We have non-commercial status, and this character must be preserved.
An underwriting credit with our channel places your company as a partner in presenting high quality, educational programming. Although there are FCC guidelines to follow for underwriting credits, our underwriters can produce creative messages that make statements about their companies and their commitment to excellence.
we're here to help.....
We'll be happy to discuss specific questions you might have about local underwriting credits on the Southeastern Channel. We'll work with you every step of the way- from ideas to finished production- to make sure your underwriting credit conveys your desired message. If you're interested in becoming an underwriter, contact the following:
Rick Settoon - General Manager
The Southeastern Channel
- Convey your reasons for funding a program and/or make an association between your company and the program;
- Describe your corporate mission;
- Describe your business, mentioning up to four target markets, products, or services;
- Identify or describe one product or brand name, and generally depict up to three product lines;
- Show company employees as an alternative to product description;
- Use one corporate mascot or symbol with your name or logo and/or a fully animated treatment of your logo;
- Use an accepted, established corporate slogan that identifies without promoting;
- Use music(without sung lyrics) and/or sound effects that are not product related;
- Identify a subsidiary or division of a funding source;
- Use web site address and phone number.
your underwriting credit may not use language or a slogan that:
- Suggests superiority ("the best. . .");
- Is qualitative ("maker of the finest quality. . .");
- Makes superlative or comparative statements ("the largest supplier of. . .");
- Issues a call to action or inducement to buy ("visit our showroom or call for an estimate");
- Includes price or value information ("high quality, low prices, no down payment. . .");
- Gratuitously depicts products in use or operation, or uses sound effects to evoke an impression of the product in use;
- Uses music with sung lyrics